Sunday

Kasablanca


Sketch of Kasablanca. My character in a writing experiment developed by two friends and I. The idea is this: In a world similar to ours circa 1880ish we each create a character that we have complete control over. The story will start with all of them for whatever reason entering the same bar in Whitechapel. Then as a result of their own motivations and circumstances start travelling together. The challenge is to see if a decent narrative can evolve out of this way of writing. It's a very early idea that may not come to light (we're not sure what medium it will be in).

Anyhoo, Kasablanca was a captain of a sky ship who was left for dead, while her partner has been sentenced to a hanging on the other side of the sea. Fuelled by revenge and love she begins her plan by heading to London with the hope of stealing a boat from the Thames.

I decided to base her appearance on 60's icons, going for the curvy, natural sense of beauty as this suits her character. Prizes for guessing who in particular.

Did it wiv a pen! Obviously she's an original character and I own the copyright blahblahblah, if you wanna use the picture (or any of mine) for something just give me a nod, I'll probably say yes and I can put a link to it here.

For more of my shit look here

No comments:

Post a Comment